A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Blog Goals 2016

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Or should I say, Happy New Year beautiful ones?! I've definitely been spending the last week dating everything 2015 and then having to cross it out afterwards, oops! Maybe I'll get it by March. But every year the New Year seems to creep up on me. Instead of making hard and fast resolutions that I most likely won't keep I usually try to think about the things I want to accomplish or work on getting better at. This year I wanted to do the same thing not only for my personal life, but this blog as well.


A Sparkle and a Smile will be coming up on its 2 year anniversary in March, which is absolutely crazy to me! I'm not at all the same person that I was when I started writing this blog, and I'd like to think that the blog itself has evolved as well. It began as a way for me to share my thoughts on the various makeup and beauty products I am constantly testing out, but has now also grown into a place where I can share my thoughts not just about beauty things but life in general.

In the last couple of months though I haven't been posting as much. Maybe it was lack of inspiration, lack of motivation, or the frigid gloomy weather giving me the blues. I'm not really sure, but I started making myself feel really bad about it. I had it in my head that I just needed to throw a post up there for the sake of consistency, but as you may have guessed content usually doesn't turn out too great when you create it that way.

And maybe most importantly it wasn't true to the purpose of this blog: writing about things that make me happy. I want this blog to be able to showcase every sparkly side of life (some a little more sparkly than others), not force out posts because I feel that I need to. So my goal for this blog in 2016 is to write when I am inspired and forgive myself if I miss posting for a week or two.

Do you have any New Year's resolutions, or are you most excited to start a new journey? Let me know! Either way I hope your 2016 is full of sparkle!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment