A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Can you feel the holiday spirit yet?! I'm definitely starting to feel it! The spirit of the season isn't the only thing in the air right now. I'm talking about the cold of course! And something about winter weather always has me reaching for lipsticks over my beloved glosses. So today I'm reviewing what I would describe as a bit of a gloss/lipstick hybrid: the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in the shade HD Devotion.


This is one of those products that I had to walk past the display several times before I finally decided to pick one up. So by the time I finally decided to grab one my choice of colors was pretty limited as the display was definitely very picked over, but better late than never right?! Why the hesitation to try this you ask? Confession: I've never been a big fan of matte lip colors. Maybe it's because I love glosses so much, who knows. But this one just kept grabbing my attention so I decided to give in (I have no willpower as we've established). Also, I have to say that the packaging really sold me here. It's just so sleek and cute! 

So what is this exactly? According to Revlon it is a "lightweight, high definition velvety matte color" they also say that it is moisturizing and 100% wax-free. I think that my biggest issue with matte colors in the past have been that they not only dry out my lips, but then seem to cake onto the dry patches. So the idea of a moisturizing matte color sounds pretty good to me. But wait, is it a lipstick or a gloss? Revlon doesn't seem too bothered about labeling it so neither am I. 


The first thing I noticed when I first put this on is that it does have a very buttery texture. The one thing that I think the packaging fails on is the applicator. As you can see in the above photo it has a round tip and does not make it very easy to get in the corners. There's just something about it that is big and clunky. But I can live with it. The color payoff here is very good. You barely need a coat or two for good coverage. I like the color, it's a nice rosy pink. 


Finally, how does this wear? Great! I love how buttery and moisturizing it feels on my lips. The cold air always sucks all of the moisture out of my skin, so anything with moisturizing properties is greatly appreciated. I wouldn't necessarily call this a true matte, there is a tiny bit shine to it. That might be why I like it so much. However, it still gives you a nice matte look. This is not super longwearing (although it doesn't claim to be), in that way I would say it is more like a gloss. There is some transfer when you are eating or drinking, but I would say it wears off gracefully. It just sort of wears off naturally without patching. 

My final verdict? I really like this one! You can get it for about $8 at your local drugstore. Maybe just maybe I'll be a matte lip girl from now on haha! Let me know if you've tried this one! Happy Holidays to you all, may they be sparkly and bright. <3

XO- Brittney 

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment