A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Beauty on a Budget: The Drugstore Eyeshadow Palette You NEED

Hello Beautiful Ones!

With Thanksgiving now under my belt, I have officially embraced all things Christmas! (Happy early Holidays to you all!). The Holiday season has me thinking gifts, but also budgeting. It's the dreaded elephant in the room. You want to get a great gift for your special someone (or yourself!) without breaking the bank. Well I have an awesome drugstore eyeshadow pallette for all of the beauty junkies on your list (or yourself!): The Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Redemption Eyeshadow Palette.


I had never heard of Makeup Revolution until I ran across a display of their palettes during a recent trip to ULTA. It turns out Makeup Revolution is a British Makeup brand based out of London. They have several gorgeous looking palettes available in ULTA, but the thing that really caught my attention was the price tags. The Icon 2 Redemption palette is $7 (yes, you read that right!). I went for this one because it was full of neutrals that I was drawn to, and everybody knows I'm a sucker for a good neutral eyeshadow palette. The pans are very narrow, but pretty long giving you a decent amount of shadow in each one. The packaging is very sleek and thin, it reminds me a lot of the Maybelline eyeshadow palettes released in recent years. Adding a mirror would have made it the ultimate traveling eyeshadow palette, but I guess you can't have everything with a $7 price point!



So far everything has been fabulous, but how is the quality you're asking? Well, as it turns out that's pretty darn fabulous too! I've been wearing this one regularly for a couple of weeks now and there's very little that I dislike about it. Aside from a few of the lighter shades, they all have a decent color payoff. As I said this is a neutral palette, mostly suitable for the day time. But you could still ramp it up for night if you wanted too. I always use an eyeshadow primer, but the lasting power here is really good! I can put it on in the morning and it's still holding strong by the time I'm taking my makeup off at the end of the day (work tested!). I will say that this palette leans more towards shimmer finishes than mattes, so if shimmer shadow is not your thing this might not be the one for you. But none of these are overly glittery, and could easily be worn for work or class.

Bottom line? This palette is AWESOME and the $7 price tag is even better! Let me know if there are any other Makeup Revolution products you think I should try.

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment