A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Two New Makeup Sets from Maybelline: Lip Gloss Palette + Brow Drama Pro Palette

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's officially that magical time of the year when all of the beauty brands start releasing their holiday palettes and sets! *screams internally* And the drugstore has some pretty great looking offerings this year (double yay for affordability!). There are two in particular from Maybelline that I just had to get my hands on, so here we are! Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Lip Gloss Palette and the Brow Drama Pro Palette.


Maybelline Lip Gloss Palette

As soon as I found out this baby existed I started scouring my local drugstores for it, and (as always) Target did not disappoint me. I did however find it on a separate holiday display and not with all of the Maybelline stuff, in case you're also looking. I've enjoyed some of Maybelline's other palette offerings recently, particularly the Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette, and I like the idea of a lip gloss palette. You get a variety of color options all in one handy palette. The first thing I noticed was that in the pan all of the colors look extremely pigmented, but as you start swatching you see that they very much are glosses. Some have more color payoff than others.



The deep red looking color on the right looked the most intimidating to me in the pan, but as soon as I got it on my lips it quickly become my absolute favorite! Just goes to show you that you can't judge a gloss by it's pan color (giggle). What I love about this palette is that all of the shades are extremely wearable. My least favorite is probably the pale pink on the far left side, I just didn't get much color payoff at all. The lasting power is pretty decent, and normal for any gloss. The palette comes with a lip brush, but I didn't find much use for it. I just found it too stiff to do much good. I prefer to apply these with my finger. Since they're glosses you can get away with that! They feel really nice on the lips, not too sticky or too shiny. And the best part? You can get this for $9.99 at the drugstore!

Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette

I'm a big fan of the Maybelline Brow Drama brow gel, so I was excited to try this. The palette offers the gel to sculpt, a powder to fill in, and a highlight for the brow bone.


This palette come is 4 shades, I went with Deep Brown because I felt that the Soft Brown had too many red tones in it for me. The set comes with a dual ended brush for the gel, powder, and highlight, and a spooly brush for shaping and softening the look. I do really like both the double ended brush and the spooly. Although they are small, they are useful. The double ended brush is angled on both sides to make it easy to follow the arch of your brow. The lasting power is great, I can put this on in the morning and not have to worry about my eyebrows migrating downwards during the day (yikes!). The only thing I don't love is the highlight, I just didn't find it useful. It was virtually undetectable on my fair skin, but with that being said I really liked this palette. It takes a little longer to apply than my usual brow pencil, but the results are really great! You can get this beauty at drugstores for $10.99.

Is there anything better than getting a great makeup palette at an affordable price? Very little! Maybelline hit it out of the park this holiday season! Let me know if you've tried either of these (or if they're on your wishlist).

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment