A Sparkle and a Smile

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tony Moly Egg Pore Blackhead Steam Balm

Hello Beautiful Ones!

The alternate title for this post is "I'm a sucker for cute packaging." This is a beauty product that wasn't even on my radar, I just happened to run across this little egg shaped beauty during a trip to Sephora and I knew I needed to try it. Honestly I had already made my mind up about getting it before I even knew what it did exactly. So today, I'm reviewing the Tony Moly Egg Pore Blackhead Steam Balm.



Tony Moly is a Korean beauty brand. I've tried one other Tony Moly product before: the I'm Real Rice Face Mask For Clear Skin (review here). I really enjoyed that one, so I was excited to try this. According to the box (which is completely adorable by the way), this product "removes sebum and dead skin cells that clog pores." In case you're like me and you have no idea what sebum is, I googled it and it's an oily secretion (gross right? No wonder they chose the word sebum). And Sephora calls it a "self-heating balm that acts as a steamer to open up your pores. I've never really had too many blackheads, although I do occasionally get them around my upper lip. With that being said, I was really excited to see how this balm might help my oily, acne prone skin, and large pores. 

When you pop open this cute little egg you can see that the balm is a clear gel with very tiny orange beads in it. The other thing I noticed from the sample in the store (besides the packaging of course) was the amazing smell. Seriously, it's so good! It has a very bright citrus-y smell, although it is fairly strong so if scented beauty products aren't your thing then this might not be the one for you. 



According to the box directions you "apply an appropriate amount onto areas with blackheads"(don't ask me what an appropriate amount is) and rub it into your skin for 3-5 minutes, then wash off with warm water. I decided to apply it to my nose and cheeks. As soon as you start rubbing it into your skin it turns from a clear gel to white with a creamy consistency. I found that massaging this into my skin along with the lovely smell was really relaxing! You can feel the small beads, but it doesn't feel too abrasive when you're rubbing it in. I didn't however really notice it heat up too much, but it was still a pleasant experience. 

The first thing I noticed when I washed it off was that my skin was very pink. I would suggest using this at night or at a time when you're not planning to go out right away, it didn't last too long though. The other thing I noticed was that my skin felt soft and a lot less oily. I think this really would do wonders on blackheads because it really cleans out your pores. As far as the size of my pores I haven't seen any major changes but they do look slightly smaller. 

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect with this product, but I have to say that I really like it. You can get it for $18 at Sephora, although I just checked the website and they are currently sold out so you might want to snag it if you see it in store. 

So as it turns out that this product is pretty great both inside and out!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment