A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, February 21, 2016

L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I feel like it's time for a good drugstore product review. With spring fast approaching (yay!) there are a lot of exciting things landing in the beauty world right now. One thing that keeps catching my attention both on the shelves and in the blogosphere is the L'Oréal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation. Cue the review!




I should probably start this review by saying that I typically shy away from drugstore foundation. I've just never had much luck with it, and I hate the fact that I can't swatch and color-match in store. I'd much rather spend a little more than just randomly guess my shade based on a picture. With that being said: I've heard so many good things about this one that I could not resist. I chose the lightest shade on the display: W2 Light Ivory, which just so happened to be my exact shade (score!).


The Lumi cushion is a liquid foundation that is soaked into a sponge housed by a compact. The size of the compact is the perfect size. It's small and sleek enough that you could easily slip it in a bag for travel. It comes with a pad applicator. I was skeptical about how helpful the pad would be since it looks and feels very flimsy, but it does distribute the product very well. You dip the pad (or your own sponge or brush) into the sponge and then tap the foundation lightly onto your skin, building as you go along.


What's so great about foundation that comes out of a sponge you ask? Well dear friend, the magical part is that the sponge only gives you a little bit of product at a time so you aren't caking it on, only building it up gradually until you get just the right amount of coverage for you. There also has to be something said about the formula, which is fabulous. This is its own breed of drugstore foundation you guys. The coverage is very good (about medium to full) and yet it feels so light on your skin. I don't feel the need to use a lot of concealer or sometimes any when I wear this. I also feel like it gives me a little glow to my complexion. The lasting power is also good. I've been wearing it to work all week and it's always still doing its thing by the end of the day when it's time to wash it off.

So the bottom line here... I think I'm in love! The Lumi Cushion Foundation retails for $15.99 at drugstores and I promise you is worth every single penny.

Have you tried this one? Let me know!

XO- Brittney
 
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment