A Sparkle and a Smile

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Katy Kat Eye Waterproof Mascara Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I'm alive! It feels like it's been a million years since I've blogged. Sometimes you just have to feel inspired you know? Writer's block is not a myth. But I've been officially pulled out of my funk by a new mascara (what else?!). Not only is it new but it's also drugstore. That means my wallet is as happy as I am. Today I'm reviewing the Katy Kat Eye Waterproof Mascara from Covergirl.


This mascara joins the Covergirl Katy Perry collection along with her Katy Kat Matte lipsticks. They get bonus points for the clever names. The Katy Kat Eye mascara comes in both a waterproof and regular formula. I opted for waterproof because we are in the middle of a heat wave here in Nebraska. The heat index here is currently 106 degrees, so waterproof is greatly appreciated. While the regular formula comes in three shades the waterproof has only one: very black. This mascara retails at an affordable $7.99.


Let's start as always with the packaging. I really like the sleek black and white. Very striking and modern (am I describing interior design right now or mascara? I don't even know any more). The first thing that caught my attention was the brush. Covergirl describes it as a "360 degree brush" that is designed to create volume. Basically there is a blank section with no bristles that spirals it's way up from the top to the bottom. This allows the bristles to get a better grip on your lashes. Does it work though? Yes! The first time I used this I couldn't believe how well it coated and separated my lashes. I am blessed with naturally long lashes but this made them look even longer and my eyes even bigger. The only thing I didn't love was that I always seemed to get extra product on the brush which usually meant some smudges during the application process.


Now on to the next question... is this stuff actually waterproof? I don't know about you but if I hear that something is waterproof I expect it to survive a hurricane. Thankfully I haven't had the chance to test this one in a tropical storm but I can say that I am very impressed! So far it has survived a full day of work, a run, and even a shower! In fact it works so well that I sometimes struggle with actually removing it. Covergirl is not playing around when they say waterproof, this thing isn't coming off until you want it to.


So what's the final verdict? This is a major winner in my book! I've been wearing it for a few weeks now and I've been really loving the results. And at only $7.99 it is worth every penny I promise.

Let me know if you've tried this one in the comments! I hope you're have a fun and sparkly summer, I'll go back to trying not to melt now. But at least my mascara will be on point. :)

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment