A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Drugstore Highlighter I'm Currently Loving: NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick

Hello Beautiful Ones!

We're in the months now where summer is starting to fade into fall. Losing the bright summer months can get me a little down. Although I will admit I am a little excited for apple cider and boots weather (shh don't tell anyone). I plan to make that glowy summer feeling last as long as humanly possible. Also, I've been on a major highlighter kick lately. That brings us to today's review: the Nyx Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Lavender Lust.


What's better than a good highlighter? A highlighter in stick form. Yay for easy application and portability! The NYX Bright Idea stick comes in a range of 12 colors that includes highlighters, blushes, and bronzers. As I mentioned I'm a sucker for highlighters and I also have a love for purple so I really didn't even notice any of the other shades on the display at Ulta if I'm honest. I grabbed the highlighter in the shade Lavender Lust. 

As I said, I prefer my highlighters in stick form because they are fast and easy to apply no matter where you are. I find that this one is especially easy because it's the perfect size. Not too big or too small, it's just right (seriously Goldilocks would be proud!). It also fits easily in a makeup bag or your purse for touchups. 


Now let's get to the main event: the color. This shade is just so pretty. It gives you the perfect highlight with just a touch of violet hue. The color payoff really is good here. Just a few swipes on my face and I'm good to go. It also blends extremely easily. It doesn't stay forever, but the lasting power is still good. 


The bottom line? At $8 a piece this highlighter is a great value! 100% recommend. I'm probably gonna be rocking this long into the winter in an attempt to pretend it's still summer, ha! You can find the NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in drugstores or on the NYX website. 

Let me know if you've tried this, or any highlighters you're loving right now!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment