A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stila Aqua Glow Perfecting Primer

Hello Beautiful Ones!

We are definitely in the middle of summer, it's a sunny 91 degrees here in nebraska, and I couldn't be happier! There is something about summer heat that just makes me feel so weightless and happy, but you know what else the summer heat does? Melt off your makeup (ugh). This is of course unless you have a great makeup primer! So today I'm telling you about a new one: the Stila Aqua Glow Perfecting Primer.


Stila is marketing this product as a primer stick that is cooling, hydrating, and reduces pores and redness. That all sounds pretty good to me, so I was pretty excited to try this. In fact I was basically stalking it in Sephora for a couple of weeks until I finally convinced myself to buy it (My curiosity won out against my frugal side this time). I also found it interesting that it comes in a stick form, most of my favorite primers come in tubes but this seemed like it would be especially handy for traveling. 

The first thing that I noticed when I popped open the lid was that it, is a solid but it has the consistency of a gel when you touch it. Then I actually put it on my face... oh my goodness, it really is cooling. It kind of reminds me of an aloe vera gel that you would use to calm sunburned skin, except it doesn't have all that sticky mess that comes with an aloe gel. It feels so good to apply on a hot and sticky summer morning. 

When it comes to application you can either rub some onto your finger and apply it that way or just go for your face with the stick (which is usually what I do). It feels very light on the skin which I love. It isn't a miracle on pores or redness, but I do think it helps. The big plus is that it is very hydrating, and possibly most importantly it makes my makeup stay on my face even in the heat (hallelujah). My favorite moisturizing primer for a long time has been the Too Faced Hangover, but I have to say that this one gives it a run for its money. I just love the cooling properties of this Stila primer. 

Bottom line? This is a MUST HAVE for the summer or someone who lives in a warm climate. Definitely worth the $28 price tag. 

Have you tried this one? Let me know! As always thanks for reading and make sure you go out and enjoy the sunshine if you're lucky enough to have it (she says from inside an air conditioned coffee shop)! 

XO- Brittney 

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment