A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Gloss Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Long time no blog! I took a little break last week, but now I'm back with a review of a product I've been excited about ever since I heard whispers about it in the good ol' blogosphere. Maybelline has just released a gloss version of their coveted Baby Lips line! Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Gloss in the shades Fab & Fuchsia, A Wink of Pink, and Pink-A-Boo.


I'm a big fan of the Maybelline Baby Lips balms so I had VERY high expectations for these. The collection is made up of three different finishes: gel, shimmer, and cream. I grabbed a shade in each finish (and then I happy danced out of Target, but that's besides the point).

First off, I will say that the color payoff on these is not very bright. So if you are going solely for a bright colored gloss, then these probably aren't the glosses for you. Here's a swatch of all three:

From left to right: Pink-A-Boo, A Wink of Pink, and Fab & Fuschia.

The first gloss I grabbed was the gel finish in the shade Fab and Fuscia. As I said, none of these have a heavy color payoff so don't let the bright pink scare you off! This is mostly a clear gloss with a little bit of a pink tint. This is the type of finish I had in mind when I heard that Maybelline was doing a Baby Lips gloss. It feels very hydrating on the lips. None of these are sticky and all feel very comfortable to wear. It's not super long wearing, but the lasting power is pretty standard for a gloss.


The next gloss is the shimmer finish in the shade A Wink of Pink. When I picked this one up in the store, I was honestly expecting to like it the least. I just felt like the pink glitter might not look very mature, but I am happy to tell you that this is the one I keep finding myself reaching for. Once again the color is very subtle, and so is the glitter. It really just looks like a little extra shimmer, not a heap of glitter on your lips. I can easily wear this to work without feeling weird about it. This one is a little less hydrating than the gel, but still comfortable to wear. 


Finally, I grabbed the cream finish in the shade Pink-A-Boo. I really thought I was going to love this one the most, but it actually turned out to be my least favorite (I guess that old line that you can't judge a book by its cover applies to gloss too!). The color here comes off more as a little bit of a pearl shine and I felt it made my lips a little white looking. But the more I started to wear it, the more it grew on me. I think I was just a little taken by surprise initially. Again, it feels hydrating and nice on the lips.


I think the major thing to keep in mind here is that all of these are only going to give you a hint of color. Overall I was really impressed with these. The applicator makes them easy to apply and they are small enough to throw in your purse or bag. Plus, the packaging is adorable in true Baby Lips fashion! I love the way these feel on the lips and at $3.49 they are super affordable. I'm probably going to pick up a few more, not going to lie!

Have you tried these yet? Let me know!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment