A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Get That (Subtle) Glow!

Hello Beautiful Ones!

We're officially approaching that deep part of summer where there becomes a fine line between looking 'glowy' and looking like you are about to melt into a pile of sweat (that's never happened to us right?). Trust me there are some summer days here in Nebraska where 'hot mess' isn't just a phrase, but an actual lifestyle. So how then do we get just that right amount of glow?! Well L'OrĂ©al  might have just the thing: the True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator.


I ran across a display of these during a trip to ULTA the other day. They come in three shades and each shade also has a powder version, but I've always been a sucker for a good liquid highlighter especially during the summer time. I just don't like to put a ton of powder on my face when it's really hot. The three shades are Golden, Ice, and Rose. I went for Rose.

I was already sold when I thought this was just a liquid illuminator, but when I got it home and started actually reading the package I realized that it was being marketed as either an illuminator or can be mixed with foundation for an overall glow boost. Naturally, my little multitasking heart was overjoyed.

The first thing I noticed when I squeezed some of the product onto my finger was that the color was not exactly what I was expecting. I guess I was thinking that it wouldn't be quite so bronzy? I don't know. But it is a nice rose-gold color. Here's a color swatch:


As you can see, it blends into the skin easily which is nice. And it does create a nice little glow. I wasn't sold at first, but I think it just wasn't exactly what I was expecting. But now that I've been wearing it regularly for about a week I've been really loving it. Sometimes I use it as more of a spot illuminator on my cheeks and on the bridge of my nose, and other times I just go all out and wear it all over. It's subtle enough that you can wear it on your entire face or mixed with foundation. If you're feeling like a light makeup day I think you could even wear this on its own for just a little extra glow. It lasts well and applies easily. Just make sure you blend it in well so you don't get any streaks or harsh lines.

As far as drugstore makeup goes this is a little on the pricier side at $12.99 a bottle, but I do think it's a nice product to have in your arsenal. Especially in the summer when it's nice to have a little extra glow!

How do you like to get that subtle summer glow? Let me know!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment