A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Beauty on a Budget: Not Your Mother's Hair Products

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Who's doesn't appreciate a good bargain? That's not even a question is it? My naturally curly hair can be quite the handful so I'm always thrilled when I can find affordable products at the drugstore that will effectively calm my curls. Lately I've been completely obsessed with a bunch of Not Your Mother's hair care products so I thought I'd do a brand highlight.


Way to Grow Long & Strong Shampoo and Conditioner
Let's face it, good hair needs to start with great shampoo. Personally I like to rotate my shampoos and conditioners so that I'm not using the same one every time. This shampoo and conditioner is really good for strengthening your hair. My curly hair needs a shampoo and conditioner that adds a lot of extra moisture and this one does the trick.

Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
This one is definitely a holy grail product for me. Dry shampoo is great for a curly haired girl because washing your curly hair too often can wash out the natural oils that make your curls look great. The problem is that great curls are cute, but greasy roots are not. It's hard to find a good dry shampoo and this one is amazing. It blends in easily and doesn't leave that icky white residue in your hair. It also adds volume and refreshes your roots. Total love!

Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream
Curl cream is another one of those products that is hard to get right. I want my curl cream to have a little bit of hold, but not so strong that it makes my hair crunchy. This one fits the bill. It's lovely because it makes my hair so soft and smoothes frizz.

She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray
Again, I'm a little picky about my hairspray. I don't use it often, but when I do I want it to have a little bit of hold without making my hair hard or crunchy. This one is great! It helps add a little volume too.

My overall take is that this is a really great drugstore brand with a pretty small price tag especially when you consider how great the products are. Also, did I forget to mention that everything smells amazing?! And I know it has nothing to do with the actual usefulness of the products, but I just love the product names and the packaging. So cute!

Have you used anything in the Not Your Mother's hair care line?

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment