A Sparkle and a Smile

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Essie Cashmere Matte - Coat Couture

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's no secret that I literally can't walk past an Essie display in the drugstore without picking up a new color (it's a problem... or not!). So naturally I HAD to try something from the new Matte Cashmere collection. Today I'm reviewing the shade Coat Couture.





All of the colors in this collection land in the warmer side of the color collection and are inspired by "rich cashmere" as Essie puts it. The finish is matte, but it has a really pretty shine to it. I've tried matte polishes in the past and I've never really been that crazy about them. I think what usually puts me off the matte colors is that they can seem a little one dimensional. But as Essie describes these have a "reflective pearl color." You'll probably want to skip the top coat on this one as the shine would take away from the matte finish.

Now let's talk about the shade I picked up. Coat Couture is a gorgeous grey/purple that is perfect for the winter. I can already tell that I'm going to be getting a lot of wear out of this one for the next few months. Like I said, it has a really great shine to it while still having a matte finish.

Let me know if anything in the Cashmere Matte collection has caught your eye!

XO-Brittney
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment