A Sparkle and a Smile

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Maybelline Color Molten Eyeshadow by Eyestudio in Taupe Craze

Hello Beautiful Ones!

As always, a new display stopped me in my tracks at the drugstore the other day. I should learn to avoid the makeup section all together, but we all know that's never going to happen. Anyway, the product that caught my eye this time was the Maybelline Color Molten by Eyestudio Eyeshadow in the shade Taupe Craze.



Color Molten is a new cream to powder eyeshadow offering from maybelline. This one is not super creamy or majorly thick, but it is creamy enough that you would be better off applying it with your fingers than a brush. One side of this duo is matte and the other is shimmery. I spent way too long standing in front of the display trying to figure out which color I wanted to try (story of my life), but I eventually went with this nude combo called taupe craze.


Here's the thing: I like the idea of this product and the cream to powder consistency is good, but I'm not crazy about the color payoff. For me, in this particular shade the color just wasn't there. No matter how much I seemed to pile it on my eyelids, you could still barely tell that it was there. With that being said, the lasting power was pretty good (as always I used a shadow primer). I would be interested in seeing what the color payoff is like for the other shades. 

All-in-all this wasn't the worst, but I wasn't crazy about the color. Let me know if you've tried this one in the comments.

XO- Brittney 

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment