A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Current Curly Hair Favorites!

Hello beautiful Ones!

After a week of drizzly-rainy-gloominess the sun is finally shining and it just seems to make everyone and everything a little bit happier (I'm not complaining!). I thought that today I would give you an update on what hair products I'm currently using for my naturally curly hair.


For me, the goal is to keep my curls in check without getting that crunchy look or weighing them down. After I wash my hair and lightly towel dry I rub in a dollop of my Lush R&B Hair Moisturizer.  A little bit of this product goes a long way, so you don't need a lot! This moisturizer will work for all hair types, but it's especially good for curly hair because it adds a lot of moisture, which is something that curls crave. Also, the smell is AMAZING. Seriously, I could just stand in my bathroom and sniff this fruity scent forever (but I won't... because that would be weird). This one is on the pricier side at $22 for a 3.5 oz. tub, but it does last a long time. 

Next I want to add a little definition to my curls, so I use a small dime sized amount (remember, we don't want to weigh down the hair) of my Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream. Again, this product is moisturizing and smells fantastic. It also adds a little bit of hold, while still looking natural. And at only $7 a tube, this is a great bargain. 

If I am going to let my hair air-dry then I would just stop there with the products, but if I'm going to blow-dry and curl then I will spray my damp hair with my John Frieda Frizz Ease Go Curlier Heat Activated Spray. The idea behind this product is that you spray it on damp curls and then when you blow-dry the product is activated by heat. It does a great job of cutting down frizz (which is the main reason why I would normally try to avoid blow-drying). But you will most likely want to plan on defining your curls with your preferred heat tool after blow-drying. You can get this at most drugstores for around $9.99.

Lately I've been curling my hair exclusively with my flat iron. Once you get the hang of it, it's very easy and doesn't give you those dreaded clamp marks that are so easy to get from a curling iron. But, before I even touch my hair with the flat iron I want to protect it as much as I possibly can, so I spray on some of my Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray. Not only does this protect your hair from your styling tool, but it just makes the hair look smoother and keeps fly-aways at bay. Plus, you can get it for about $4! 

So there you have it: my current curly hair favorites! Have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments. I'm going to go frolic in the sunshine now! :) 

XO- Brittney 


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment