A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 - LUSH Bath Bombs

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I could spend this entire post writing about how amazing my Mom is, but I'll try to keep that to a minimum (no promises though!). If you still haven't pinned down that perfect gift for your own Mom, or that special woman in your life, you might want to try a Lush bath bomb. The Lush mother's day collection features two bath bombs this year: Rose Bombshell and Secret Garden.

Rose Bombshell bath bomb (left) and Secret Garden bath bomb (right).

I'm a sucker for a good bath bomb, so I decided to stick to those instead of the other Mother's Day offerings. The first thing I noticed when these showed up in the mail (sadly there isn't a Lush store in my area), was the major size difference. The Rose Bombshell was on the larger side for a bath bomb while Secret Garden is on the smaller side.

Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb



Even though this is marketed as a bath bomb it is actually a bit of a hybrid. The outer layer is your typical bath bomb while the inside contains rose petals and bath salts. This bomb also contains soy milk powder and rose oil. The scent is a really gorgeous floral smell, but not too overpowering. Obviously the predominate color here is white, so there isn't a lot of color with this one. However there is a little pink in the middle, along with the red rose petals. Admittedly though I only got about 6 rose petals in mine, but it was a nice touch. My pros for this one are great smell and I like large size, the cons are lack of color and more rose petals would have been nice. The price runs for $7.95, which is pretty good for the large size.



Secret Garden Bath Bomb



Like I said at the beginning of this post, the size of this one was much smaller than I expected it to be. Again, this one has a floral scent (but I'm not complaining) and there is also some citrus mixed in there. According to the description on the Lush website this bomb is also supposed to contain flower petals, but mine just had a few tiny ones. If I hadn't been looking for them I might have missed them altogether. With that being said, this bath bomb was great! The smell was very relaxing and it melted very frothy. Plus, the color payoff was really pretty greens and pinks just like the outside of the bomb (expect that at the end you're pretty much left with a murky green). My pros for this one are good scent, pretty colors, and very frothy. My only con is a severe lack of promised flower petals. Also, smaller size means smaller price so it's only $6.95.



If I had to choose between the two I would say that Secret Garden was my favorite, but they were both lovely. Don't forget that Mother's Day is Sunday May 10th in the U.S.! My Mom is one of the kindest women I have ever met. She reminds me everyday to follow my dreams and never give up. I hope you have an amazing woman in your life to celebrate this Mother's day. 

I'm sending love and sparkles to all you amazing Moms out there this mother's day!

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment