A Sparkle and a Smile

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Too Faced Sugar Pop Eyeshadow Palette

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Anyone who knows me knows that I can't resist a good sale, so the Sephora VIB 15% sale that happened recently was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. Lord knows I don't need another eyeshadow palette... but it was on SALE! Today I'm going to be reviewing my totally necessary purchase: the Too Faced Sugar Pop Eyeshadow Palette.


Let me just say that the colors in this palette are certainly not the colors that I would naturally gravitate towards, but there is just something so fun about it. It totally sucked me in. And if a girl is going to have a drawer full of eyeshadow palettes the least she can do is mix it up a little right?! I adore my Too Faced chocolate bar palette, so I figured the quality here would also be good.

We'll start off with the packaging, which is adorable. The little tin palette is decorated in macaroons and has a decently sized mirror compared to the smaller size of the palette making it great for traveling.



The palette is organized into three large shadows on the left and six smaller shadows on the right.


The three shadows on the left are extremely light, and probably best used as highlights or shimmer bases. Rock Candy and Peach Fuzz (the top and bottom shades) are both very sparkly while Strawberry Ice (the center shade) is more of a light shimmer. The six smaller shadows on the right are much more pigmented. I was intrigued with Blue Raspberry right away because it looked so pretty in the pan, and the swatch did not disappoint. Macarron and Sugared Violet are also beautiful, Malted Milk bar is a very wearable brown shimmer, and Blackberry is a creamy matte. The real surprise here? I'm in love with Bubblegum. When I saw it in the pan I was a little worried I would look like a five year old discovering makeup for the first time, but when I blended it into Strawberry Ice it turned out really gorgeous. 

Here are the swatches:


So far the wear on these has been great (as I suspected). I have been wearing them over an eyeshadow primer (I love Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion), and I haven't noticed any creasing or rub-off. I can't wait to play with it more. 

This palette is $36, which is on the pricey end considering the size of the palette. However, I feel that it is worth it if you are looking for something fun and different to add to your collection. The quality is definitely great. Plus, you could always wait for the next Sephora sale. :) 

Let me know if you've tried this one! 

XO- Brittney

P.S. You can follow me on Bloglovin' here. If you want :)

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment