A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Primer Power

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Is there anything more frustrating than applying your makeup perfectly only to have in melt or cake off in a few hours? Ok so there are definitely worse things, but it's still annoying. I am a firm believer in makeup primers, so today we're talking about the three that I absolutely can't live without.


Clinique Superprimer - Color Corrects Redness

I've definitely gushed about this one before (actually I think I've talked about all of these before, so this post should probably just be titled: stuff Brittney can't shut up about), but I'm still in love with it after using it for years. That's worth something right? The purpose of this primer is to cancel out redness so that you don't need to use so much foundation or concealer. I used to think of primers as an extra step, but it you choose the correct ones they can actually make application easier and faster. The primer is yellow, but blends in well and I am obsessed with the light creamy texture. I've always been plagued with acne so I can use this as sort of a spot treatment under my foundation, or over my whole face if I'm feeling particularly red that day. You can get this one for $27, which I know is steep but lasts a long time (I promise!). My only (slight) complaint is that I sometimes feel like this can dry out my skin a little. Enter the next primer on the list:

Too Faced Hangover Primer

As you can see in the picture, my tube is about empty and I need to repurchase. This primer is perfect for days when your skin is just not having it (skin can get hungover too ok?!). It's super hydrating without being sticky, and it is extremely light. The texture could easily be compared to a light moisturizer. A lot of times I will layer this over my clinique primer so that the makeup has almost a barrier of moisture to sit on. Along with acne, I have also always struggled with dry skin. This one helped me survive the winter! Again, the price here is not cheap: $32. However a little goes a long way so you can easily stretch it for a long time. Plus, it has a little pump under the cap that makes application easy.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Ok, so this one is an eyeshadow primer but it still counts! This is just a classic for me. If I'm going to take the time to do a perfect smoky eye then I am not having it slide off my lids until I remove it myself. The primer potion will help you achieve that. Apparently urban decay has just released this product with new packaging and applicator. That might make it easier compared to the squeeze tube they have now, but who knows. You can also get it in other formulas like anti-aging or with a shadow base, but I have always prefered the original. The texture is creamy, but not heavy and blends well. If you buy the travel size (like I have) it's $12 or $20 for the regular size. 

Let me know if there are any primers you can't live without!

XO- Brittney
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment