A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mid-May Beauty Favorites

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's been actually forever since I've done a monthly favorites post. So I might as well just throw the universe completely out of whack with a mid-monthly favorites post. Why not right?! Most of the products in this post are all things I've had for awhile, but I've found myself reaching for them often recently. I guess you could say these have been my spring staples!


Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette

I've been going heavier on the eyeliner and mascara lately, so I've found myself wanting to be a little calmer in the eyeshadow department (I have to have my eyeshadow though). So enter in the Naked2 Basics. This little palette is a collection of matte shadows in various greys and browns. The shades in this one are on the cool side compared to the original Naked Basics. It makes it easy to add just a little color and definition to my eyes so that I can let the liner and mascara do their thing.



Benefit Majorette Booster Blush

I became obsessed with this cream blush last summer when it was first released and then when the weather turned colder it got shoved in a drawer and forgotten. But something about the sunshine and warmer weather has made me dig this one out of the archives. It is a bright fun coral color that I promise is not as intense as it looks in the pan. The color is actually very natural looking on my fair skin. Because it's a cream blush it blends in easily with your finger. Bonus: it has an amazing citrus scent that is a nice pick-me-up in the morning. Oh and the band majorette motif on the packaging is adorable.


Ciaté Double Lines Eyeliner

Recently Ciaté, known for their nail polish, launched a whole line of beauty products. This is the first makeup product I've tried from Ciaté, but I'm already sold. This is a duo eyeliner pencil with a kajal liner on one end and a liquid liner on the other. I love kajal liners because the soft pencil makes it so easy to line your lower lashline, but I've never been able to find one that could last the whole day without eventually making me look like a raccoon. Until now! This is great, it passes the workday test (I can put it on in the morning and it's still in-tact when I get home from work). The liquid side is nice and long lasting too. It's great having the two liners in one handy product. Overall, this is just a home run for me. 


Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Yet another Benefit product has made this favorites list. Roller Lash was one of those beauty products that sort of blew up the blogosphere before it was even released a few months ago. I couldn't help but try it for myself, and let me tell you it's worth the hype! I'm usually hopping from one mascara to the next, but I've been using this one exclusively since I bought it. The idea is that the lifting formula combined with the unique brush design will naturally curl your lashes eliminating the need for a lash curler (yay!). And in true benefit fashion the adorable packaging is meant to look like a hair roller. I don't see myself giving up this one anytime soon. 


e.l.f. Essentials Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

I know I've talked about this one before, but it's still just the best. I use this little guy as a highlight. I can blend it in easily to my brow bone, cheek bone, whatever. Light makeup day? Use it on your lids and lips too! And the best part? You can get it for a $1!

Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

Again, I talk about this one all the time. But what can I say? I'm naturally pale skinned and need all the help I can get (we're talking approaching ghost levels here). I need to be able to gradually build up my summer color without looking like an orange. This totally does the trick and is also a great moisturizer. 

There's the beauty products I've been using religiously lately. Maybe I'll start doing monthly favorites posts again. Who knows?! Let me know if you are also loving any of these.

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment