A Sparkle and a Smile

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's about time I did a beauty on a budget post, so why not a drugstore palette?! Maybelline has been rolling out a whole line of eyeshadow palettes in the recent months. This one is a "blushed" variation of their original The Nudes palette.


First of all, let's talk about the packaging. Unlike the Maybelline palettes before it, this one is not black but rather blush colored (how fitting!). There is just something about these palettes that are so clean and appealing to the eye, they make me backtrack everytime I pass one in the makeup aisle at the drugstore.





Now on to the colors, this is obviously a very warm palette and could easily be compared to the shades in Urban Decay's Naked3 palette. There are several shades of pink, grey, and brown. This palette is pretty heavy on the shimmer with a few matte shades as well. Here are the swatches:



Finally, on to what we've all been waiting for: performance. I have to admit, after trying several of the other Maybelline eyeshadow palettes I didn't have very high expectations for this one (sorry!). With the other palettes I noticed a lot of creasing and rub-off after a full day of wear. But I am happy to announce that The Blushed Nudes palette has officially passed the work day test. I can wear these shadows all day with little to no creasing or rub-off (that's over a shadow primer of course!).

The only disappointment I found with this palette is that the colors are not super pigmented. I found myself having to really cake them on to get a decent color payoff. Also, as far as colors go you aren't getting a lot of variety here. But with that being said these are nice colors to have especially during the summer months when you're trying to get your bronze on. Lord knows my pale skin could use a little sunshine boost! And at $9.99 it really is a budget beauty bargain (say that 5 times fast!).

Let me know if you've tried this one!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment