A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Summer Lipstick!

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's a sunny 81 degrees here today (do I start every post with a weather report? Sorry)! I'm all about summer even when it's unbearably hot. I'll take my sunshine any day! I don't typically wear a lot of lipstick on the daily, I'm usually more of a stain or gloss girl. But something about the warm weather makes me want to rock a bold lip, so today I'm going to share with you the lipstick I'm planning on living in this summer: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Carnation Cabernet (970).


Let's start with the packaging: this is the look maybelline has for nearly all of its lipsticks. It's very streamlined and functional. No complaints!



This sort of pink fuchsia color is one that I find myself gravitating towards quite a bit. The color payoff on this lipstick is great as you can see from the swatch below. That was only one swipe, you could easily layer it on if you want to pack even more of a punch:


Possibly the most important thing to me is longevity. If I'm going to go through the trouble of applying lipstick I would appreciate it if it doesn't rub off five minutes later. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this one stayed on, especially for a drugstore lipstick. I applied it over a nude lip liner and it easily stayed on for an entire afternoon of shopping (it even survived an iced coffee!). It applied easily and smoothly. 

This shade is limited edition for spring, so if you want it you will definitely want to run out and grab one right away. I found it on sale at Target (all hail Target!). Regular price $5.59.

What's your summer lip color this year? Let me know!

XO-Brittney 

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment