A Sparkle and a Smile

Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday Musings: The Art of Embracing Change

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Happy Monday! The weekend always ends WAY too fast, where does it even go? So here we are at the start of a new week. It's been a while since I have done a Monday musings and there have been a lot of changes happening in my life lately, so that is the theme of the day: change. As always, prepare to experience the inside of my mind (buckle up kids!).


Ok, now on to the serious stuff: change. Change is literally inevitable. Without change we would all just be doing the same exact things day in and day out. That sounds terrible. So why then is change so scary? I think it's super easy to get caught in your comfort zone. Lord knows that happens to me more often than I would like to admit. But as I said, change is bound to happen. So I've decided that when change does happen (regardless of good or bad) the best thing you can do is just embrace it!

I mentioned at the beginning of this post that I've been going through a lot of personal changes lately. You may have read on this blog previously that I recently graduated from college and then moved back in with my parents to job hunt. Well, I can officially announce that I am now an adult with a big girl job and rent to pay (bills make me wish I wasn't quite so grown-up).

Although theses changes were ones that I had been looking forward to, I still found them a little daunting when it actually came time to make the changes. First of all, the idea of my first full-time job was intimidating. I found myself thinking things like: "what if I can't handle it, or what if I hate it?" Luckily for me it turned out that those worries were completely unwarranted. After a week on the job I'm already in love with it and my co-workers.

Another change that had me nervous, was that my new job was also in a new city. Not only was I leasing an apartment for the first time, but I was also trying to adjust to a new place without my friends and family close by. I'm still getting used to this one. I'm learning to enjoy my alone time. That's another thing about change though: sometimes adjusting to change will take a little time.

I'm not going to pretend to have the art of embracing change down to a science, but I'm trying. That's all you can really ask of yourself.

To leave you with a little extra inspiration, here are some quotes on change that I love:

“The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.” 
-Kiran Desai, The Inheritance of Loss

“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.” 
-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” 

-Albert Einstein

I hope you all have some very sparkly changes waiting for you in the near future. Whatever it is, just remember to do your best to embrace it.

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment