A Sparkle and a Smile

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Maybelline The Smokes Palette: Swatches & Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

This is a product I've been trying to get my hands on for a while now: The Smokes palette from Maybelline. So you can imagine my excitement when I finally found one on a recent trip to the drugstore (I basically snatched the last one off the shelf like a mad woman, but let's not talk about that!). Let's just get right to the review and swatches shall we?!


I'll be honest I've never owned Maybelline's The Nudes palette, I just felt like those were all colors that I already owned since I tend to gravitate towards nudes anyway. I was really excited when I heard about this one because it has some really gorgeous shades that I feel can be used for both day and night.

The packaging is almost identical to The Nudes palette, I love the sleek look of the black package and the silver writing. This palette is also pretty thin making it nice for traveling or throwing in your bag. The palette also includes a double ended sponge tip applicator, but I feel like I'll be sticking to my own shadow brushes for application.



Now let's get into the good part: the colors! I'm just going to let them speak for themselves.



As you can see all of the colors swatched beautifully! I am already envisioning so many combinations. The palette has a good mix of shimmers and mattes. Also, the black one on the top row even has some chunky silver glitter specks in it. What's great about this palette is that all of the colors are coordinated into either 3 quads, or 4 triplets depending on how you look at it. I haven't worn these on my lids yet, but they glided on easily and pretty evenly when I swatched them. 

Perhaps the best part about this palette is the price. You can get this lovely palette that includes 12 gorgeous shades for only $11.99! 

Have you tried The Smokes palette yet? Let me know in the comments!

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment