A Sparkle and a Smile

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tarte-Tarteist Clay Paint Liner

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Some days you just need a good cat-eye right? Honestly I've never been that great at it. I'm still working on my steady hand, so any product that makes having amazing eyeliner a little bit easier is greatly appreciated! With that being said I was very excited to try Tarte's new Tarteist Clay Paint Eyeliner.


The Tarteist is a clay liner that comes in a squeeze tube and includes a small eyeliner brush. The packaging is supposed to imitate an artist's palette. You squeeze the tube and the liner comes out onto the round "stage" area so that you can pick it up with the brush as if you were painting (and technically you are). 



The curved ended brush allows you to paint on the liner more easily because it curves the same way that you eye does. The formula is also helpful because it glides on easily. My only difficulty in application was that I learned that it works better if you only squeeze out very little product at a time so that it doesn't dry out and get clumpy while it's sitting on the "stage." Tarte describes this liner as "no-budge" and I would have to agree. It stays in place really well which is ultimately what I want in a liner (there is nothing worse than having a smudgy mess at the end of the day).

I just drew the liner on with the brush and then used a cotton swab dipped in make-up remover to clean up the wings a little. If you have a steadier hand than me you could probably skip the make-up remover all together. For now, the Tarteist only comes in black. You can get it for $24, I picked mine up at Sephora.



I definitely won't be doing a bold cat-eye every day (I would constantly be late to work) but, when I do I will be reaching for this! Let me know if you've tried the Tarteist.

XO- Brittney
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment