A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring Ready Skin Tool Kit

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I don't care what the groundhog says, I've officially got spring fever. I insist on opening my windows even if the breeze blowing in makes me shiver. It's the idea that counts right? Along with lifting my spirits, the warm weather also means that it's time to prep my skin for those shorts and flip-flops (Ahhh flip-flops!).



I am constantly plagued by dry skin. It seems like any drastic change in temperature wreaks havoc on my skin. That's why I love any product that will give me lasting moisture.

Let's start with the daily moisturizer that I swear by: Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion. I know what you're thinking, "that looks like something I would find in my grandmother's bathroom cabinet right next to her dentures and her tubes of 20 year-old lipstick." Your grandma might use Cetaphil, but I promise that makes her a very smart lady! It's not glamorous like other moisturizers, but it's super affordable and gets the job done. I started using this a few years ago when it was recommended to me by my dermatologist (I have very dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin). I apply this to my face every morning and night. You could use it on your whole body though! It is not greasy, smelly, or heavy, and it wears great under makeup. Don't knock it before you've tried it!

The beginning of spring means that we all need to get rid of that dry winter skin. Body scrubs are a great way to do that. I am in love with the Body Shop Early-Harvest Raspberry Body Scrub. First of all, this one smells amazing. Seriously, it's like showering with an actual jar of raspberry jam (but in the best way)! It has a jelly like consistency and contains actual raspberry seeds. It does a great job of removing dry skin without being too abrasive. Just be careful about applying to freshly shaved skin (that goes for any scrub, actually).

Now for my lips... I HATE dry lips. I'm that girl with a lip balm strategically placed in every bag (for emergencies!). I'm a big fan of Maybelline's baby lips, but something else has caught my undivided attention lately: Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips. The only complaint I have here is that you have to dip it out of the tub versus putting it directly on your lips from a tube. First world problems, I know. But the point is, this product is well worth a little bit of hassle. It leaves my lips so hydrated with a little bit of shine and a tiny amount of pink color. I use this during the day, but also at night for luscious lips in the morning.

Finally, a skin product that is a must for the warm weather season: Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream. I raved about this one last season, but I don't even care. My opinion still stands: this is awesome. I'm pale as a ghost and skin cancer runs in my family, so extended periods of sun exposure or indoor tanning is completely out for me. With that being said, I also try not to blind people with my bare legs. Jergens is the ultimate in drugstore sunless tanning products, in my opinion. The BB Body basically firms your skin, moisturizes, and color corrects. If you're going for serious color you should stick to Jergens natural glow, but the BB Body is subtle yet effective. Perfect for easing into your summer color.

Let me know what your spring skin routine is! BRB going to open every window in my apartment.

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment