A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beauty on a Budget: e.l.f. Products Review

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I don't know about you, but I enjoy a good bargain! Of course when it comes to makeup the drugstore stuff can be completely hit or miss. So I thought I would start this Beauty on a Budget series to try and give you some tips on what I think is a great deal at the drugstore! Let me know what you think!

I mentioned in my last post that I recently took a trip to Target and went a little crazy in the e.l.f. section of the makeup department. My intention was to go to Target to buy food that would help me get through my week of finals... but do you ever just find yourself itching to buy new makeup?! I decided that the safest thing for me to do would be to try some new e.l.f. products since they are in general so crazy affordable (I could feel less guilty that way). Plus the universe must have been on my side because the Target I go to usually doesn't have their e.l.f. products very well stocked, but on the day I went the shelves were completely full! You can't argue with destiny right?! I've spent the week so far trying these four products out, so let's get on with the review!


Matte Lip Color

I sort of picked this product up on a whim. To be honest the packaging drew me in right away because it's so sleek! Don't get me wrong I love a good gloss, but matte is all the rage right now and I wanted to give it a try. I was also needing a nice nude lip color so I picked up the shade natural. I've been wearing this for a few days and I really love it! The color is a really light pink, but it looks pretty nude when it's on my lips. The texture is very smooth and creamy. Here is  a swatch of the color:


Bottom line: This is a winner and definitely worth the money ($2)! I want to try it in more shades!

All Over Color Stick

The next thing that caught my eye was the All Over Color Stick. The package says that this is a 3-in-1 color stick for eyes, lips, and face. I love products that can serve as more than one function. Who doesn't love to multi-task right?! I was trying to decide between the two shades: Pink Lemonade and Persimmon, but then I realized that they were only $1 each, so why not get both?! I'm really glad I decided to do that because they're both great! Pink Lemonade is a really pretty rose gold color. I've been using this mostly on my cheeks. The only slight negative about this shade is that the color is very saturated. A little bit of this product goes a long way. I would suggest putting the product on your fingers and then rubbing it in, so you have a little more control over where the color goes. The shade Persimmon is also lovely! This is a very light shimmery color that works as a perfect highlighter. I've also used this on my eyelids for the days when I just want a little bit of shimmer, but not too much color. You can see the colors swatched in the picture below (Pink Lemonade on the left, Persimmon on the right). 


Bottom line: Both of these shades are extremely pretty, and you could certainly find many different uses for both of them. Totally worth the $1 price tag!

Lip Exfoliator

I've been eying this baby on Pinterest (this link is a shameless plug for my Pinterest profile) for a while now, but it was always out of stock whenever I looked for it. I'm pretty sure that when I saw it on the shelf I snapped it up as quick as I could! The first thing I noticed when I opened the cap was the heavenly smell. I'm not joking you guys... this stuff smells amazing! It is very similar to the Bath & Body Work's Warm Vanilla Sugar scent. Aside from the great smell, this product is also practical. It's like a body buffer for your lips! I've been using this before bed and I really like it. I can already tell this is going to be a winter staple for me! 

Bottom line: Get one of these, the hype is real people! 

All in all I was really happy with the products I tried. I've owned a few e.l.f. products in the past, but I would definitely like to try more. I love that their products are affordable, but also good quality. Isn't that the dream?! I hope you enjoyed this product review... if there are any e.l.f. products that you think I should check out please let me know in the comments! 

XO- Brittney

P.S. I would love to see your beautiful faces (in a non-creepy way) on Twitter!

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment