A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Current Makeup Favorites for Summer

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It is officially summer here in Nebraska! The heat has arrived (I'm happily sitting inside my air-conditioned house with a glass of iced green tea as I write this)! Even though I do occasionally complain about the heat, I have to say that I would definitely choose this over freezing cold and snow (controversial opinions... I know). I guess I'm just a summer-time kind of girl! If I could wear flip-flops all year round I would be one happy lady! Oh well... I guess I just have to enjoy it while I've got it!

In the spirit of embracing everything summer, I've pulled out three of the makeup products that have become my current summer staples:




I picked up this cream shadow in Macy's a few months ago and I have been loving it ever since! The formula is really smooth and creamy. I bought the color Topaz, which is a light and shimmery golden color. I put this over my trusty Urban Decay eyeshadow primer and it stays on really well. This is a summer staple for me because it's easy, all I have to do is swipe a little on my lids with my fingers and I'm good to go!

e.l.f Essentials Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal- $1.00 (Yes, you read that right!)


I picked this up on a whim at the grocery store the other day, and I've been pleasantly surprised with how much I actually love this! The color I grabbed is Lilac Petal which is a very light and shimmery nude/pink. This is beautiful on the apples of your cheeks when you just want a little extra glow. Again this is very easy, no brushes required!

Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm in Peppermint- $3.99

I'm sure you have all heard about Baby Lips by now, but I don't think I'll ever stop talking about these! I absolutely LIVE in this clear peppermint flavored one. This lip balm is extremely moisturizing and has a nice faint peppermint smell. It's also perfect for the summer because it has SPF 15. Even our lips need sun protection!

Thanks for taking a break from the heat with me. Let me know if there are any summertime makeup favorites that you absolutely can't live without. Hope you can all stay cool!

XO- Brittney

P.S. Let's have a Twitter Party! :)



Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment