A Sparkle and a Smile

Friday, May 16, 2014

How to: Handle Acne

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Ok... so this post is not going to be glamorous, but somebody's gotta do it! Today I'm talking about acne. I've been dealing with acne my whole life. I had it especially bad in high school and college, and I just kept thinking that I would eventually grow out of it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist who prescribed me an antibiotic and topical cream. The prescriptions have been helping immensely, but I still have the occasional breakouts to deal with (like the one I'm having right now, just in time for my graduation :/ ). So I thought I would share with you guys two products that I turn to when I'm fighting those pesky red spots!

Face Wash

During my years of acne struggle I went through just about every over-the-counter acne face wash that was ever made (that's only a slight over-exaggeration). When I went to the dermatologist they prescribed me a face wash that contained benzoyl peroxide, but soon after that the benzoyl peroxide washes became available over-the-counter. So now I can just get it from my local drugstore, and so can you! The one I use is Clean & Clear's Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser. I love this because it gently exfoliates my skin, cleans off the dirt and makeup, AND it handles acne. My superhero! :)

Makeup Primer

I know what you're thinking... "what does makeup primer have to do with acne?" Actually, it can be very helpful! On the days when I'm dealing with a lot of breakouts I use Clinique's Superprimer Color Corrects for Redness. Clinique has a whole line of Superprimers for different skin issues like redness, discolorations, and dullness. On normal days when I'm not dealing with a lot of acne I usually use the Universal Superprimer. What I love about the redness primer is that it helps to combat the red so you don't have to cake on so much makeup to cover it up. Less makeup and concealer looks much more natural. This stuff just makes my life easier. Period. I also really like the consistency of this product, it's thick and creamy and it goes on smooth. The price tag for this is a little hefty at $27 a tube, but it lasts a long time and I would suggest keeping your eye out online and at department stores for Clinique bonus days so you can get free samples with your purchase! Who doesn't love free?!

I hope you found these product reviews helpful! Just remember that at the end of the day true beauty comes from within! :)

XO- Brittney

P.S. Come hang out with me on Twitter!


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment