A Sparkle and a Smile

Monday, May 12, 2014

All the Feels...

Hello beautiful ones!! I want to start off by saying that I know I've been M.I.A. I'm really sorry about that! I'm going to warn you right now that this post is going to get a little sappy!  Recently my life has been a combination of running around trying to get things in order for my impending college graduation and then just generally being in a really weird place every time I think about said graduation. Don't get me wrong... it's not that I don't want to graduate, I just don't really know what's next for me. I think we can all agree that the unknown is scary. My friends and I have made a pact to not talk about the things that are freaking us out like graduation, jobs, life, etc. That's rational right?! If these last few weeks, no scratch that, last few years have taught me anything it's that the important thing is not so much to know where you're going but to enjoy your journey as you go. I know that sounds incredibly lame but I did warn you this was going to get sappy didn't I?!

In the spirit of enjoying the journey and to prove to you that my life hasn't been all panic attacks and anxiety lately I'm going to share with you a little bit about a recent trip I took to Chicago. This was a super fast lightning speed trip, but it was exactly what I needed. I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the Midwestern Psychological Association's Annual conference to present my senior research project. The conference was held in Chicago's Palmer House Hilton hotel (which is gorgeous by the way). Here is a photo of the hotel's lobby which doesn't even begin to do it justice:


My friend Hannah and I only got mildly lost on our way from the subway station (or the El for you Chicago locals) to the hotel. But we found it eventually! :) We didn't have a lot of time for actual sight seeing, but we did manage to squeeze in some authentic Chicago-style pizza! Mostly our time was spent attending the different sessions offered at the conference. This conference was great because it put me in contact with a large group of people who were genuinely excited about the work they were doing. It really is inspiring to see people who have a passion for their jobs. 

I think I really needed this trip to help me remember that it's alright if I don't have my whole life planned out I just need to remember to follow my passions, because I know that if I do that at the end of the day I'll be happy. Sorry for getting all sentimental and philosophical on you guys! I promise I'll return to the sparkles soon! I recently took a trip to Target and went a little nuts at the E.L.F. display, so expect a review on those products later this week! 

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment