A Sparkle and a Smile

Monday, September 22, 2014

Benefit Majorette Booster Blush Review & Swatch

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Today is a bright sunshine-y day and I find myself feeling extremely happy despite the fact that it's Monday. There might also be a few new things in my makeup bag that are adding to the pep in my step. What is it about new makeup that makes getting ready in the morning so much better?!

One of the new things I'm absolutely crazy about is the Benefit Majorette Booster Blush. Confession: I was totally a band nerd in high school. Double confession: I didn't even really like playing the clarinet, but all of my friends were in band so I think it was mostly a social decision. My point is that I made a lot of really great memories during high school marching band so this product name and packaging are making me feel a little nostalgic!


Benefit defines Majorette as a "cream-to-powder booster blush." I'm a complete cream blush junkie so I was excited about this one right away. The first thing I noticed about the product was the gorgeous packaging. The whole concept is that Majorette will "pep up" your makeup routine (hence the super cute marching band theme). The lid of the package opens up to reveal the blush and a mirror in the lid. 



It was so hard to wait to dig into this until I had a chance to get the pictures taken (serious will power took place). I had to get pictures of how beautiful it looks when you first open it! Once I started actually playing with the product I noticed that it is extremely creamy and glides on well. Once you apply it to your face it starts to take on more of a powder texture. I just applied it with my fingers and then buffed it out with a kabuki brush.

Benefit says that you can use Majorette on its own or layered under another blush. I know that a lot of people are a little nervous about the peachy pink color, but I have to tell you that it's extremely flattering. I did try layering one of my favorite pink powder blushes over this and I still liked it. Majorette just gave it a little extra boost. Here is the majorette color swatch:


Just as a little extra bonus this product smells amazing! I know what you're thinking: what does scent have to do with the performance of the blush? The answer is absolutely nothing, but the fresh citrus scent does serve as a nice pick-me-up in the morning!

So far I've been happy with the lasting power of this product. I typically have great luck with cream blushes and this one is no exception. My initial verdict on this product is that I am in love! You can pick up Benefit's Majorette for $28 (I feel it's worth the price tag!).

Let me know if you've tried this one yet and what you think!

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment