A Sparkle and a Smile

Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Musings: Does Everyone Have Better Eyebrows Than Me?

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Happy Monday! The weather here is lovely and it has me in a little bit of an oddly calm mood. So I thought I'd tackle a topic that I've had floating around in my head for a while and do a quick (I'll try to make it quick I swear) Monday musings. Prepare to experience the inside of my brain.

I'm fairly confident in saying that all of us have those things about ourselves (physical or not) that we would like to change. For me one of those things are my eyebrows. I know, I know... there are much more serious issues in this world for me to be worrying about, but it's just one of those things that plagues me.


I always say that I was blessed with long eyelashes and in return cursed with thick eyebrows. My eyebrows have always been extremely thick (just like my hair) and very dark. Having dark eyebrows means that any stray hairs stick out like a sore thumb. I find myself looking in the mirror and obsessively staring at my eyebrows.

But that's not really the bad habit I want to discuss. For me the most destructive part of this whole thing is when I look at pictures, magazines, and T.V. actresses and compare their eyebrows to mine. There's always someone with a better arch, or a perfect brow shape. And all of these comparisons make me want to make my own brows look that way.

The problem is that my brows are completely different from the next girl's so when I try to force my eyebrows into a mold they don't want to fit into it turns into a giant disaster. It's taken me some time, but I've finally learned that it works so much better if I go along with my brow's natural shape instead of making them do something they don't want to do.

At the end of the day I don't really want this post to be about eyebrows. I want it to be about realizing that the best way to find beauty is not to change the things you don't like about yourself, but rather embrace them instead. That's what I ultimately want you to get out of this blog: ways to make your outsides match your beautiful insides. Sorry for getting really mushy, but for me that's why I love makeup because it makes me happy and allows me to express my personality the same way that a great dress or a killer pair of shoes does. Makeup isn't what truly makes you beautiful, but it can help you express who you are.

I'm still finding peace with my eyebrows. Just remember to smile and you'll always sparkle!

Hopefully you were able to follow this rambly mess and I didn't scare you all off! :)

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment