A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Beauty Favorites

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I could swear that I just wrote July's favorites post a few days ago. Seriously! Where has this month gone? August is still typically pretty hot in Nebraska and it's been raining like crazy, but the start of football season has me thinking fall. So here are the beauty things I've been loving this month!


It's not a super long list this month. Like I said, it feels like I just did a monthly favorites post but there are a few new things I've been loving this month so lets just get right into it shall we?

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator- $3
This one is a total beauty on a budget miracle. For only $3 you get a really great lip exfoliator that leaves lips really smooth and moisturized. This is great to use before putting on your lipstick because it really smooths out your lips so you don't get the lipstick settling into any dry spots. My lips have been a little dry lately so I've been using this before bed. And as a bonus the vanilla scent is heavenly!

L'oreal Infallible Blackbuster Liquid Eyeliner in Black 700- $8
I'm going to be honest with you, I wasn't really sure about this one when I first tried it. When you open it up you notice that the applicator is huge! It looks like a large marker, which I'll admit was a little intimidating. But now that I've gotten the hang of applying it, it has made its way into my daily routine. The large applicator means that you can easily swipe on one quick coat of liner for a nice thick line and be on your merry little way. It works really nice for a good cat eye or wing. Also, the lasting power is great! I put it on in the morning and then don't worry about it for the rest of the day.

Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm in Robust Rhubarb- $21
I pretty much love any makeup product that comes in stick form because it means fast and easy. This is no exception. I was really excited when I heard that Clinique was reworking their famous Chubby stick into a cheek formula. I just swipe a line of it onto my cheek and then buff it in with a Kabuki brush, but I think you could easily use your finger too! I picked up the shade Robust Rhubarb which is a really pretty coral-y/pink. Here is a color swatch:


Mac Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo in Love Connection- $22
I'm obsessed with these mineralize shadow duos from Mac. The amount of sparkle is perfect and the pigmentation is great. As long as I use an eyeshadow primer before hand it stays on all day long. I like to use the lighter color all over my lid and brow bone and then blend the darker color into the crease and outer corner. Here are the color swatches:


Lorac Pro Palette 2 Eyeshadow Palette- $42
I'm sure you've probably heard about this one already so I'll try to keep it simple: LOVE. I'll be honest I never bought the first pro palette, but after this one I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and get it. The pigmentation is fantastic. Plus the colors stay put and blend well together. There are endless color combinations to be made. The quality of the shadows is just amazing, completely worth the price tag. 

Well there you have it, that's all of the beauty products I've been loving this month. Please let me know what you couldn't get enough of in August!

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment