A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Goals

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I've never really been a big fan of New Year's resolutions. As we all know most of us don't make it past a couple of days with our resolutions. I always felt like it was easier just not to make one than to fail miserably. But this year I thought I would give myself a list of goals to work towards.


2014 was a pretty big year for me. I graduated from college, started my first grown-up job, and moved into my very own tiny one bedroom apartment. A lot of changes happened for me this year and I can't wait to see what 2015 holds.

Here is my list of goals for the new year:

1.) Laugh more.
I love laughing just as much as the next girl, but sometimes I can be a little too serious. This year I want to try to laugh as much as I can.

2.) Read a book every month.
I've always loved reading, but lately I just haven't really been making the time for it. I'd like to try to read at least one book a month this year.

3.) Stay in touch better.
Sometimes I just get stuck in my own little world and I don't take the time to check in with friends and family that I really care about. So this year I'm going to try to pick up the phone more or send an email just to say hello.

4.) Go to the gym at least once a week.
I know that getting in better shape is a pretty cliche resolution, but ever since the weather turned colder I've gotten pretty good at talking myself out of hitting the gym (I'll go when the temperature reaches double digits again). I figure that going once a week is a good compromise.

5.) Try something new.
Remember how I said that I can often get caught up in my own little bubble? Well I can also get stuck in my comfort zone very easily. This year I want to keep pushing myself to try something I've never done before.

In 2014 I started this blog and I can't wait to see where it and the new year takes me. Thanks for joining me on the journey.

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment