A Sparkle and a Smile

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Beauty Products That Will Help You Hang On to Summer

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Can we just talk for a minute about how it's already mid-August? Like, how did that happen?! Fall is seriously going to be here before we know it, but as always I'm living in complete denial. Summer will forever be my favorite season (and you can't make me change!). Last year around this time I wrote a post about some beauty products that will help you hang on to summer (you can check that out here if you want). Since that's still one of my favorite posts I figured I would bring it back. Don't fix what's not broken right?!


Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub

Let me just start by saying that the smell of this product is worth it all on it's own. I know that makes me sound like an actual crazy person, but I'm serious. The smell that hits you when you open the trademark little black pot will instantly transport you to having a cocktail on the beach (sign me up!). The ingredient list includes sea salt, avocado, coconut, lime, and vodka. Yes, I said Vodka. Besides smelling like actual heaven, it's also a great scrub. There are some thick minerals of sea salt in there that do a great job of exfoliating your skin. It's perfect for scrubbing off any dry skin before you shave. This is a little on the pricier side at $21.95 for 4.2 oz., but like I said: totally worth every penny (On a side note: we finally got a Lush store in my city, so it's safe to assume I'm always broke).

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

I've said it before, and I will say it again: Not Your Mother's is one of my favorite drugstore haircare lines of all time! They make seriously good stuff at a super affordable price. My hair is on the thicker side and naturally curly so sea salt sprays usually work well for me, and this one is no exception. Again, the smell is amazing. It's like someone put coconut and sunshine in a bottle (that makes sense right?). What's really great about this spray though, is that it gives you a nice amount of texture without being sticky. And the best part? You can get it at the drugstore for only $4.79!

Tarte Park Avenue Princess Contour Palette

This is a little palette that I've had for a while, but that I've found myself reaching for a lot recently. It features a full sized bronzer on one side with a half blush/half highlight on the other side. The bronzer is in the shade Park Ave Princess and is a pretty light bronzer, but it works really well on my fair skin. It's also very easy to blend, which I appreciate (bronzer has always been my makeup nemesis). The blush is the shade Posh which is a light pink. You literally can't go wrong with a light pink blush. And finally, the highlight is the shade Champagne Gold which is sort of a white gold. The highlight is not super pigmented, but I feel that it does give you a nice little warm glow. It's so handy to have all three of these products in one little sleek palette. Who says you have to lose that summer glow?! Oh and you can get this palette for $34, which is a great value for everything you're getting.

L'oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator 

I picked this up at the drugstore recently (full review here), and I've found myself using it a lot. I have the shade Rose Gold which I can only describe as a mix between a bronzer and a highlighter. It gives you a nice glow with a little shine mixed in there. You can wear this all over you face for serious glow or in targeted areas. I usually apply a little to the top of my cheekbones, above my eyebrows, and on the bridge of my nose. I think this would be the perfect product to help you transition into fall while not completely giving up that glow. You can get it for $12.99 at the drugstore. 

Lucky for me it's still 90 degrees here in Nebraska so I don't have to give up my beloved summer quite yet. How do you plan to hang on to summer?

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment