A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fab or Flop?: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Lite

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Today I'm going to start a new series called Fab or Flop? I think this one is pretty self explanatory... but basically I'm going to try out a new product and let you know if I think it's a Fab or a Flop! As I was browsing the makeup aisle at Walmart (and you know internally trying to convince myself that my obsession with makeup is not that bad) I came across the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Lite Blendable Concealer Duo.



I'm going to be honest with you, I was a little hesitant to try this one because I've used the original Glamoflauge in the past (after I had heard wonderful things about it) and I just wasn't impressed. But as a big fan of stick concealers I decided to give it the old college try!

I picked up the shade Ultra Light. You can get this concealer duo for $6 at Walmart. The duo is double ended so that you have two colors you can blend together to make the perfect concealer. You're supposed to use the lighter shade first to cover blemishes, scars, tattoos, or whatever you want and then blend the darker shade over the top.

As I've said, I tried to have an open mind with this product even though I had had a bad Glamoflauge experience in the past. Unfortunately, this one didn't do anything for me either. I tried to use it to conceal a few small blemishes and I literally had to wipe all of it off my face before I continued putting on my foundation. I just didn't find it blendable at all. The lighter color was way too thick and creamy, and when I tried to blend the darker color over the top it just made it worse. I ended up with a big gloppy mess that drew way more attention to my blemishes than it did conceal.

I'm sure you can probably guess what my final verdict on this one is: FLOP.

I've tried other Hard Candy products in the past with great results, but this one just isn't for me I guess. I have heard that Glamoflauge is great for covering tattoos so maybe it is better used for that than blemishes. Let me know if any of you have tried this and what you think!

XO- Brittney

P. S.: I'd love to see all of your sparkly faces on Twitter!


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment