A Sparkle and a Smile

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Favorites!

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's that time again... a new month! But before we all fire up the grills and (safely) light off the fireworks, I'm going to share with you my favorite things for the month of June.


These products have been some of my prime summer staples this last month. I just can't get enough of the warm weather!

MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo in Spiced Metal- $22
This has been my go to summer shade lately. The duo has a light champagne color and a darker rusty/bronzy (not sure if that is even a word!) brown. Both shades are shimmery and gorgeous. I've been wearing the lighter color all over my lid and then the darker shade on the outer crease for a really pretty and summery look. Here is a swatch of the color in natural light:


I've pretty much all but ditched my foundation during these hot months, instead I've turned to this little baby. BB creams are all the rage right now (you probably already know this but BB stands for beauty balm), and you can get them from a lot of different brands. I've really been enjoying this one from Maybelline. It basically acts as a tinted moisturizer, but you could also use it as a primer for your foundation if you want a little more coverage. I just like that it is light and simple for the summer!

I've written about this one before... Basically it's just a really pretty gloss stick. I love the color and it gives a really nice shine. It's not super long lasting though, so be prepared to re-apply. I like to throw it in my purse for touch-ups during the day.

Disclaimer: I don't actually have the full size of this product, but I got a travel sized one in a benefit sample box I recently bought from Sephora (you can find it here) and I have been LOVING it. Basically it's a liquid highlighter that gives your skin a really pretty shimmer. I usually apply it to my brow bone just below the brow and on the top of my cheek bones. Summer must have!

I've been using the Jergens Natural Glow bronzing lotion for years now, so I got really excited when I heard that they were coming out with this new BB body cream. Jergens says that the BB Body "hydrates and illuminates instantly and evens, firms, and corrects in 5 days." Personally I don't use this every day, more like every other day. It's definitely not a miracle cream, but so far I've been liking it. It is very moisturizing and I do feel like it evens out my skin tone. If you're really going for the bronzer look I would stick with Natural Glow, but if a moisturizer is more your goal I would definitely give this one a try! As a bonus the smell is good too, not gross like some of the bronzers can be.

Sinful Colors is one of my absolute favorite drugstore nail polish brands because they are really inexpensive, long-wearing, and they have a large selection of colors. I love this minty green for the summer. It's just really bright and pretty, plus mint is really in season right now! Here is a color swatch:


Floral Hair Barrette 
I love my long, thick, and curly hair, but during the summer months it can get a little hot and heavy. This little hair clip has really come in handy, and I just love the cute floral print!


Owl Ring
I bought this little ring at the start of the summer, and I've been wearing it so much. I just love how it's cute and a little bit quirky. It's big but not too bulky, perfect to wear on my index finger.


These are just a few of my favorite things this month. Let me know what you were loving in June!

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment