A Sparkle and a Smile

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer Skin Favorites!

Hello Beautiful Ones!

It's no secret that summer is by far my favorite season (sandals and sunshine never fail to put a smile on my face)! Unfortunately though, my naturally pale skin doesn't always agree with my intense love for the heat and sun of summer. For the last several years I've been turning to Jergens for all of my bronzing/summer skin needs. So here are my current summer skin favorites from Jergens:


I've been using Jergens Natural Glow for a long time now. If you are looking for an easy, natural looking, light glow for summer you NEED to try Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. I use the Fair to Medium formula, but if you have a naturally darker skin tone (or you just want an extra bronze boost) you can get the medium to tan formula. Over the years they have tweaked the natural glow formula to improve the scent. It has a very light smell that is pleasant and not overpowering which is refreshing for a bronzer. I start using this at the very beginning of summer, sometimes even in the spring. I apply the Natural Glow after I get out of the shower. Make sure when you are using bronzer you apply a little extra to the spots that may be a little drier like your knees and elbows so that the color applies evenly, also don't forget to wash your hands when you're done so you don't get orange hands! I've never had any problems with streaking from this product. This is a tried and true favorite that I recommend 100%.

Now on to a new favorite that I have discovered just this season: the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream. Again, this cream comes in two different shades: All Light Skin Tones, and All Medium-Deep Skin Tones. Obviously I'm using the light one because I'm painfully pale. This cream is advertised as "a total body breakthrough that instantly hydrates and illuminates, and in 5 days evens, firms, and corrects." Now that I've built up at least somewhat of a glow from the Jergens Natural Glow I've been using this one to sort of even everything up. I tend to get terrible bruises all over my legs and I really feel like this helps to make them a little less noticeable. The texture is really creamy and lovely, the scent is light and fresh, and it's super moisturizing. This will help you even up your skin tone, but it doesn't necessarily bronze. I may have just found a new year-round favorite! 

Let me know if you've tried either of these, and I  hope you all are having a lovely and glowy summer! 

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment