A Sparkle and a Smile

Friday, June 13, 2014

Beauty on a Budget: Curly Hair Favorites

Hello Beautiful Ones!

Today I'm calling all of the curly haired girls who don't want to spend all of their hard earned money on hair products (I know you're out there!). When I was younger I used to be caught in a constant power struggle with my naturally curly and extremely thick hair. After years of straighteners and ponytails I finally found peace with my hair! I realized that things go a lot better when you let your locks do their own thing, but what you can do is use products that will enhance your hair's natural beauty (instead of fight it).

You can easily spend a large amount of money on hair products (and most of the time they will do the trick) but I've found some inexpensive drugstore products that I'm really happy with, so I thought I would share with all of you!


Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo- $5
First of all, I'd like to state that I love dry shampoo. I usually wash my hair every other day because if you wash curly hair too often you'll be stripping away the natural oils that make your curls pretty! The trick is to get rid of the extra grease at the roots so your hair doesn't look and feel greasy. I've been using this for a while and I really like it. I just spray some on my roots and then let it soak in for about 5-10 minutes while I continue getting ready. After I've let it sit for a while I brush it through the rest of my hair from roots to ends. It gets rid of the excess oil and it is refreshing, definitely a LOVE!

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk- $4
One of my greatest struggles with my curly hair has always been fighting frizz. I love this product because it cuts down on the frizz, but is also lightweight. I run this stuff through my hair every day, whether it is damp or dry and it works like a charm!

Garnier Fructis Style curl Calm Down Anti-Frizz Cream-  $8
I use this as sort of a supplement to the smoothing milk, it just adds a little more definition to the curls. I've tried gels, but I'm just not into that crunchy look (yikes). This will give you really nice, soft curls. I just apply a little to the ends and then lightly scrunch my hair, and I'm done!

At the end of the day my advice is to embrace your hair's natural texture. Take down those ponytails and let it loose baby! :)

Let me know if you have any curly hair favorites!

XO- Brittney


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment