A Sparkle and a Smile

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer Colors: Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée

Hello Beautiful Ones!

The sun is shining and it is a gorgeous hot summer day here in Nebraska! It's the perfect day to sit and sip a frozen cappuccino (spoiler: that's exactly what I'm doing!). Normally I tend to gravitate towards pinks and neutrals for my face, but weather like this always gets me in the mood for bright and happy colors.

During a recent trip to Sephora I picked up the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in the color Poppy Paradise.



You can now get two shades of the cheek gelée (poppy paradise and pink escape) in a mini size for $13 compared to the regular size for $22. Sephora describes the cheek gelée as "an innovative coconut water-infused cheek gelée with up to 14 hours of color and hydration." I use my finger to dab a little on my cheeks and then buff out the color using my blush brush. The lasting power is pretty good, although 14 hours might be a little bit of a stretch! I would say, for my skin at least, it will stay for a solid 8 hours. I also like that this product is moisturizing, it glides on smoothly and is not heavy at all.

As I said before this is a little outside of my normal color palette, but I'm really loving the pop of color for the summer. This goes on pretty sheer so you can build up the color if you want a more dramatic look. Here is a swatch of the color:


Finally, I am seriously loving the mini size. When I was checking out at Sephora the cashier helping me was gushing about how cute and little it was, and I have to agree! This little mini would be perfect to throw in your purse for a mid-day touch up or in your travel makeup bag. I just generally love minis because they allow you to try new products without completely breaking the bank (woo-hoo!).

Hope you all are having wonderful and colorful summers! :)

XO- Brittney

Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment